Our planning and environment team provides commercial solutions to planning and environmental issues arising from property acquisition and development.
Our team has the expertise and experience to also advise clients about important risk management and compliance issues that arise with such projects.
The planning and environment team offers a complete range of services to clients in the private and public sectors and works closely with leading consultants in fields such as engineering, environmental science, planning and cultural heritage.
Our team members have detailed knowledge of current planning law and policies and provide a commercially relevant and cost effective service for our clients.
- Advising on development applications and approvals and planning instruments
- Conducting planning appeals
- Advising on infrastructure agreements
- Advising on heritage and native title issues
- Advising on resumptions and compensation
- Conducting resumption and valuation proceedings in the Land Court
- Advising on local government law and providing strategic advice
- Advising on due diligence and compliance issues of proposed development
- Drafting local laws and policy.
We are one of the panel appointed legal service providers for the Gold Coast City Council as well as Stockland, a large publicly listed property developer. These appointments reinforce our expertise in this highly specialised area of law.
We have been at the forefront of the planning and environment industry for in excess of 25 years, having appeared before the Planning and Environment Court, the Court of Appeal as well as the High Court of Australia. We have represented clients in some of the largest and most comprehensive appeals seen in Australia, including major developments, major shopping centres and large residential and commercial property subdivisions.
Antony Knox LLB.