A Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, Peter has more than 25 years’ experience helping clients resolve commercial claims and disputes.
Peter’s expertise spans the following areas:
- Building and Construction including contract reviews and claims, contract administration advice, security of payment claims, adjudication, arbitration, expert determination, contract disputes generally and dispute resolution.
- Company, Business and Property Litigation.
- Insurance Law including providing policy advice, claims management and defence, risk management, public liability claims and professional liability claims.
- Estate Litigation.
- Dispute Resolution including mediation, negotiation, adjudication and arbitration.
- Peter works with corporate clients, businesses of all sizes, principals, contractors, body corporates, public liability insurers, professional indemnity insurers and local government.
An eager advocate of alternative dispute resolutions, Peter regularly represents clients at mediations, negotiations, adjudications and arbitrations. His qualifications include:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution (mediation and negotiation) from Bond University.
- Certificate in Adjudication under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act.
- Certificate in Mediation from Bond University.
- Advanced Commercial Negotiation Course at Bond University.
Peter’s experience includes:
- Representing the Gold Coast Suns, Caltex Australia, Queensland Rail, BHP, Fletcher Building Products, BBC Hardware, Ergon Energy, St Pauls Travellers Insurance and Grocon Constructions in relation to contract reviews, contractors’ claims, claims for contribution and indemnity, claims involving occupiers’ liability, workplace injuries, and Workplace Health and Safety issues.
- Representing the Australian division of a global insurer.
- Acting for the second largest local government for its litigation insurance and risk management division.
- Representing the professional indemnity insurer of the Queensland Law Society.