Today (June 3) at MBA Lawyers we are celebrating World Bicycle Day. Our Senior Partner Mitchell Clark (pictured) is never far from his bike, with his passion for cycling starting with his first Malvern Star classic in primary school.
He got hooked on the pursuit, riding through high school and university on what his mates called his “red racer”.
As a fellow cyclist, and an expert in personal injury law, he understands the dangers posed by poor roadways and other road users.
During his career, Mitchell has supported fellow cyclists injured in traffic accidents successfully obtaining financial compensation, including for:
- A cyclist with shoulder injury after stationary driver’s car door opened suddenly: 100% admission of Liability by the CTP insurer (QBE) of the stationary vehicle.
- A cyclist riding through Coolangatta when injured avoiding collision with a parked vehicle that suddenly entered the roadway and then fled the scene: 100% admission of Liability by the Nominal Defendant (the organisation that acts like an insurance company in these types of “hit and run” accidents).
- A cyclist travelling early morning through the major Carrara roundabout, struck by incoming car: 100% admission of Liability by the CTP insurer (Allianz) of the vehicle.
- Two cyclists in tandem traversing Springbrook Road when struck on bend by motor vehicle: 100% admission of Liability by the CTP insurer (Allianz) of the vehicle.
- A cyclist going through major intersection at Broadbeach (in front of Pacific Fair) when struck by turning bus: 100 % admission of Liability by the CTP insurer (QBE) of the bus.
- A cyclist at front of peloton riding through Mermaid Beach that collided into back of van that braked suddenly: 75% admission of Liability in favour of the cyclist against the CTP insurer (MAIBT) of the van.
If you or your family need a trusted lawyer after bicycle accident to help in obtaining compensation, please contact Mitchell by email (email@example.com) or give him a call (on 0403 066 075).