If you suffer an injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident and the accident was not your fault (or it was partially your fault), you may be entitled to claim compensation. Claims are made against the Compulsory Third Party Insurer of the vehicle at fault. The CTP Insurer is identified by conducting a registration search of the relevant vehicle. If successful in proving fault, as the injured person, you can claim damages, which may include amounts to cover items such as pain, and suffering, lost earnings, medical and rehabilitation expenses, future lost earnings and home help.


If you are injured in a car accident, you might be entitled to claim:

  • if the vehicle in which you are travelling is hit from behind by another vehicle
  • if another vehicle fails to give way and turns across your path
  • if you are a passenger in a vehicle where the driver is at fault (single vehicle accident or otherwise)
  • if you are a pedestrian who has been hit by a vehicle
  • if you are a cyclist who is hit by a vehicle or where a vehicle has turned across the your path and caused you to take evasive action and fall