If you suffer an injury at a public place or whilst on private property, and the person in control of the property is found to have been negligent, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. Claims might include amounts to cover items such as pain and suffering, lost earnings, medical and rehabilitation expenses and future loss of earnings.


If you are injured, you might be entitled to claim compensation if you:

  • slipped and fell on food or liquid on a shopping centre floor where it is found the shopping centre did not have a safe system of inspection and cleaning in place
  • trip on damaged flooring at a rental property which had not been properly secured
  • fell down an unsafe set of stairs at a holiday resort
  • participated in a paid tour/entertainment activity where the activity was found to be unsafe