If you suffer an injury whilst at work and your injury occurred due to your employer’s negligence, you may be entitled to claim common law damages. Compensation may include amounts to cover items such as pain and suffering, lost earnings, medical and rehabilitation expenses and future loss of earnings.
If you are injured at work, you might be entitled to claim common law damages including:
- if you injure yourself whilst carrying out your usual duties when the system of work is found to be unsafe
- if you slip and fall whilst at work when it is found the floor was slippery and unsafe
- if you are injured due to defective equipment
- if you are injured at a compulsory work function when the employer has created an unsafe environment
- if you are required to engage in heavy lifting which is found to have been unsafe
- if you are injured due to not being supplied with the correct protective clothing or tools to carry out your duties safel.