In today’s litigious society, more and more people are concerned about risks from potential lawsuits and as a result, asset protection planning has become a crucial component of estate planning for certain clients. Those in high risk professions—including corporate officers, athletes, actors, physicians and lawyers—as well as those generally concerned with potential claims and lawsuits resulting from divorce, ex-employees, accidents and rising health care costs require sound advice regarding the protection of their assets. With the tremendous amount of wealth that is expected to be transferred from older to younger generations in the near future, many combine a concern for protecting assets with an interest in estate planning.
MBA Lawyers provide advice on how best to protect property from future claims and minimize exposure to potential lawsuits and adverse judgments. Our team is here for you, from the initial stages of consultation to the implementation of your chosen asset protection plans.
MBA Lawyers’ asset protection tools and techniques include:
- – Utilising federal and state exemption statutes
– Structuring domestic family and asset protection trusts, offshore trusts or foundations in selected offshore jurisdictions
– Creating family-owned limited partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations
– Preparing pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and co-habitation agreements
– Structuring retirement plans and the distribution of plan proceeds
– Utilisation of various insurance and annuity products
– Retitling of assets
– Utilising discretionary trusts
– Capital protected trusts and multi-generational trusts, many of which may be incorporated into overall estate planning
At MBA Lawyers, we understand that not every technique is suited for everyone, so we help you understand the particular risks and exposure that apply to your specific circumstances. We assist you in weighing the steps you can take to minimise your risks so you can develop a solid, effective asset protection plan.